Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pictures of our Forever Family

We had breakfast this morning with Dave, Mona, Ryan, Neal, and Cara. Dave is the brother of our friend Dan.

We had never met Dave and Mona til this morning. Their daughter, Cara, just moved to our city and she knew no one. Dan sent me an email from Kenya, a few weeks ago and gave me a heads up about Cara moving here. Dan and his family are missionaries in Africa. We have had a wonderful time getting to know Cara. She fits right into our family. She loves to joke around, has lots of stories, and loves family.

Mona and Dave wanted to meet us and say thanks for loving on their daughter. I told them that it has been our pleasure. I have had it modeled for me, so well, how to include others in your home and heart.

Dan and his wife, Lynda, opened their home and hearts to us for the three years they lived in LR. Most Sunday we spent with them. We drove an hour to church and they let us stay with them between church services in the morning and evening. It has been great to be able to help take care of Dan's niece. Often great things are done for us and we are not able to say thanks enough or even be able to repay in a small way. Here I have a chance to, by loving on Cara.

Here is our whole group



getting ready to jump
jumping!It makes me think of the song from Girl Scouts that Mrs Lauderdale taught me " Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold."





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails