Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It was very cool!

I am back in the coolness of my motel in Omaha after a wonderful day at the College World Series. I am watching the rest of the second game on ESPN. I keep thinking...I've been there!

We arrived at 11:00 am and parked in the zoo parking lot as we were instructed to do. Our hosts arrived at 5:00am to set up their tents on the zoo side of Rosenblatt stadium. They really know how to tailgate for the CWS. They had two tents set up side by side with lots of camping chairs underneath and near. There is a small strip of grass between the road and the parking lot and this is where folks set up tents. The strip of grass is just wide enough for a tent. There was not a area of grass that didn't have a tent on it. Our lunch was brauts, chicken wings, chips and cookies. Our supper was pulled pork sandwiches. They even had a grill with the handle being a baseball bat.

We went to the first game about 12:30 for the 1:08 first pitch. The stadium is the home field for the farm team in Omaha. It is in a neighborhood much like the old stadium for the Arkansas Travelers. Very homey feel. Lots of families. Very open. Our seats were down the right field line. I lasted until the 7 inning stretch because of the sun. Rice was leading when we left and LSU came back and won. We listened to the game back at the tailgate on a radio.

After supper and when the sun went down abit we went back in for the second game. Our seats were just behind the dugout on the right side. I lasted a few innings but had to leave because of the heat and all the walking I had done.

Carl found online for me two walking canes that have chairs. I used one today and it helped greatly.

I love to come here again with my family and share it with them.

I took lots of pictures and will post them soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails