Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am working on being young. How about you?

We were recently invited to a birthday party for our friend, Ruth. Ruth is a very young 85. She is not old. Some folks are old at 20 and some are young at 100.

Here is the table that Ruth set. It was very elegant. The party was in the retirement community that Ruth lives in.

Here we are with the birthday girl. Isn't she beautiful?
Here is the table again with many of the guests. One of the guests was having a birthday party in the next week. Her daughter was throwing it for her. She was very mad for most of the party because her daughter had put on the birthday invitations that she would be 85 and the women didn't want anyone to know how old she was. That cracked me up. I mean I am thinking that once you reach a certain age I can't really tell how old you are, you are old. 85, 86 does it make a difference? Well, it did to that lady.
Here is Liz, the daughter of my friend, Ruth serving the guests.
Here is the darling card that Kaitlin made for Ruth. We had a great time at the party but we all learned a few things. When we are older, we hope we don't tell complete strangers about our aches and pains and things we have had removed. Also, we were a little unnerved when one of the ladies-she was in her 80's- talked about her young doctor as being single and 'Hot'. We were stunned. She was giving out his name to the other ladies!

I'm hoping that I am a young 85 year old. I have read that we need to grow old on the outside not on the inside.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails