Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

what do lava, Elvis and August 16th have in common?

Today is Carl's sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Marian!

Marian welcomed me into the family over 30 years ago. At our wedding I carried my flowers on a Bible that Marian had given me, a tradition she continues today when new brides enter our wonderful clan.

Marian is practical. I carry a small notebook in my purse because Marian does. She is able to write down information that she needs or a new book to read or a recipe she wants to try.

Marian is a photography. She taught me how to document my pictures. When we were at a theme park or a restaurant with the family, Marian always took a picture of the sign or the ride so she could document it. I do that now.

Marian knows how to clean clothes. If you have a stain , she can get it out. I now use Lava soap on my hard to get out stains. It is magic. In fact, I pray for Marian when I do laundry. I do better when I attach my praying to some physical activity.

Marian loves Red, White and Blue. I love to buy her stuff in that vein. She is very patriotic.

One of the most fun birthdays I have ever spent was with Marian on her 50th. We went to many of the antique stores on highway 280 as we headed down to AUBURN to eat lunch with her children. It was so much fun. I just remember laughing the whole day long.

Marian, I hope you had a laughing good day today!

Today is also the day that Elvis died. Marian never really liked Elvis and then when he died on her birthday and the radio stations only play his songs for two weeks before, she really doesn't like him. If you or I are ever on Jeopardy, we will not miss that question.

1 comment:

Mev said...

"Marian knows how to clean clothes. If you have a stain, she can get it out. I now use Lava soap on my hard to get out stains. It is magic."

I thought my lack of clothes-cleaning abilities meant I was just laundry-disabled! I never thought it might be that my mom is amazing at it! You have opened my eyes! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails