Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

An Excellent Wife

Andrew had his first kidney stone in January 2005 while he was a student at AUBURN. When the pain hit him, he nor I had any idea what it was. After a few visit to a few doctors and the ER, Andrew had been poked enough for him so he just dealt with them. I tried, no I asked, no begged and pleaded is more like it, with Andrew to get further checked out, but it wasn't high on his to-do list.

Enter the lovely, beautiful, kind, sweet, and amazing Taylor. She encouraged Andrew to go to the doctor and just get some pain meds to help him deal with the pain. Andrew picked the urologist whose name he could pronounce and went. That was about 4 weeks ago.

He went in for an xray that the doctor ordered. Andrew was sent from the xray back to the doctor and then on to the hospital for pre-op. A stone was blocking a kidney. He had lithotripsy the next day and twice again in the next two weeks. It was a BIG stone.

Andrew said that he didn't know how bad he felt until he started feeling better.

How hard is it for a mama to be 12 hours away from a hurting child? VERY.

You know how you pray for the spouse that your child will marry? I prayed for Taylor for 24 years before I met her. I prayed she would love Jesus and Andrew and our family.

I am standing in Awe of how God answered my prayers. Taylor texted me and called me during each surgery. She texted pictures of him in his hospital bed so I could 'see' him. I could not have been better informed. What a blessing!

Two years ago today I was in AUBURN with lots of you and Andrew and Taylor as they got married. I know that Proverbs 12:4 says that an excellent wife is the crown of her husband well I say an excellent daughter-in-law is a precious jewel held close to a mama-in-laws heart.

I love you Taylor and I am so very thankful for you.

2 comments:

Kathy B said...

What a precious testimony. Loved reading this.

fgpuckett said...

Ditto Kathy B... and so glad that Taylor is in the family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails