Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Addie Lou

A woman spoke at church last night on being a Resilient person. The definition being- capable of withstanding shock without permanent deformation.

She said that resilient people have a reason to Not give up, something to get back to, they know they matter.

They are always learning. They pick up lessons from the situations they are going through and they hunt for things of God along the way.

They don't judge the outcome of the situation by the front end.

They keep margins in their lives. We all need free space. Jesus stopped even when sick people were waiting on Him.

They keep joyful people in their lives.

When going through a hard time or situation we need to admit it. Feel the feelings. Realize that every emotion is a total body experience. She said that grief comes in waves that can last 30 minutes. Surrender the outcome to God. When you can't think of what to do- just do the next thing ie eat lunch, take a nap. There will come a time when we need to stop replaying the event.

My Mama was the most resilient person I have every known. As I listened to this woman talk I realized how much of this I knew from watching my Mama live. What a blessing.

4 comments:

Kim Tramel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Tramel said...

Hi Ellen.
"There comes a time when we must stop replaying the event" Is this volitional or a natural evolution of the recovery process? My experience has been that over time it just happens as life takes on new meanings

BubblesandMoney said...

I think when we are resilient we move on. Those that aren't ,don't, almost to say My life is hard.

fgpuckett said...

Resilient people always have the best stories to tell too! They're much more interesting than pity-me people!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails