Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cruella DeVille, you left your coat in the elevator

I am sitting at the desk in our motel room in Nashville. "Why are you in Nashville?" You may ask and I would say that we are at a Rocky Mountain School of Photography weekend. RMSP is a school based in Montana. Our Friend, Jim Nowell, attends many of their workshops and recommended them to Kaitlin. During the winter months they offer weekend classes in different cities around the US. We picked Nashville because we could get here and home in a weekend.

Classes started Saturday morning at 8 and went til 4. This morning they started at 9 and we plan to leave at 12:45 when that class is over. Kaitlin has been to a RMSP weekend before in Birmingham with Aunt Marian. This time she wanted Carl to go with her so he could learn more about the pictures he is taking. They are taking different classes and then sharing what they have learned. The choices for their classes are compostion, basic photography, night shots, lighting, macro- that's all I can remember. I just took some cough medicine see next paragraph.

I am and have been in the motel room. I have a bad cold with a COUGH!!! but I am enjoying reading, writing, looking at my window, and watching ESPN.

When were making plans to come here, we asked Carl if we could stay in the motel where the conference was being held and that is where he made the reservation.

We can go right to INTERESTING to begin to describe this motel. From the outside it doesn't look like a motel that you would say "Hey let's stop there".

As we drove up and Carl went inside to check us in, we noticed that there were sofas outside and lots of folks were sitting on them smoking and having a good time. We could see in the lobby and there is an art display of bra's. One is made out of crayons.

We got into the elevator and it has red and black fur on the walls- something like Cruella DiVille's coat but with red and black and not white and black. In order to get to any floor you had to use your room key in the elevator.

I have a beautiful view of Nashville out my window. The flat screen TV is wonderful and the beds were comfy. On the wall next to the desk where I am sitting is a picture of Barbara Mandrell and her sisters in a dressing room with Minnie Pearl.

Kaitlin has been taking pictures and I'll post some here or send you to her blog when she gets them up.

Carl and Kaitlin are learning lots. Kaitlin comes back from each session and gets her camera out and practices what she has just learned. She can't wait to get home and take some Macro pictures (I don't really know what that is but she and Carl talked about it lots last evening as I was driffing off to sleep)

Faith sent me a facebook message and asked what I was reading. Faith, I am reading Choosing Forgiveness by DeMoss and Hannah Coulter by Berry. Both are great.

Our motel is the Hotel Preston. If you are in the area check out the elevator sometime.

2 comments:

fgpuckett said...

I'll have to ask my sister if she's heard of this interesting hotel!

desiree said...

I hope you took a picture of the crayon bra!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails