Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Great Bible Study plus great friends plus cherry life savers

I love the Women's Bible Study at my church.  I love the learning and the sharing and the encouragement  and the accountability and the vulnerability and those are just a few of the things I love!  This year in particular has been really rich.  The study has been spot on for me. One thing we differently was after we shared in our large group about the homework we did, we broke down into small groups to pray and OH. MY. WORD.   I have a particular rough spot in my life at this point in time and lo and behold a friend that God put in my small prayer group has that too!!!!  We prayed and cried and prayed some more.  Another lady in our small prayer group said that it made her more aware that that particular rough spot could even exist and she is taking measures in her life to smooth it out.

One of the last assignments of the book was to make a commitment to have a quiet time for 30 days.  I have a hit or miss quiet time.  My pledge to myself and God was to truly meditate on my verses for 2013.  I have 4 more verses to memorize chapter 8 of Romans.  I will put another plug in for the Scripture Typer.  It has helped me with my memorization tremendously!!  As I was reviewing my verses with Carl here are his observations on verses 33, 34, and 35-

verse 33-Who shall bring any charges against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
verse 34-Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died-more than that, who was raised-who is at the right of God,who- indeed is interceding for us.
verse 35-Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 

Carl shared that these verses are legal terms.  Who shall bring charges?  Who can condemn? Who shall send you away?  If you are a believer, no one!!!  What Good News that is!!!

As I memorize scripture, I picture in my mind a cherry life saver that I savor and prolong as I enjoy it.  I try to do the same with the verses that I am learning, letting them soak down into my brain and heart.  Let the above verse soak into your brain and heart for a minute.

  I am looking forward to all that I will learn in my 30 days of quiet times.  Stay tuned...




Our fall Bible Study book.  Highly recommend!

1 comment:

The Freemans said...

I have enjoyed all the Nancy Leigh DeMoss studies that I have done before. I will have to check this one out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails