Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Do you know grief?

So I was reading some papers that Kaitlin had and I found what you will read below. I asked Kaitlin where she found this writing because it really hit home to me about the grief. She stopped and smiled and said "Mama, I wrote it." Wow!

The picture is my sweet mama holding my sweet Kaitlin. They are in my cousin, Vicki's den.

Enjoy.

The Art of Losing Isn't Hard

To Master


death and grief.

loss and gone.

never to see again.

never to be heard again.

you can grieve people who aren't dead.

you can grieve people you see every day.

but you can grieve people who are gone.

who you wont hear again.

who you wont see.

ever.

again.

i know loss is hard.

i have held loss in my hands.

i have tasted it with every bite.

but i have also had the advantage of losing loved ones.

which sounds bad.

but it is not.

it makes it better some how.

better because you know that they love you.

better because they didn't chose to leave.

because they would have stayed because they love you.

seeing death makes you stronger.

makes you see things you wouldn't be able to see other wise.

not at that moment.

you don't think it is then.

but then time goes by and you see.

you see things you didn't.

so in the end you understand.

not why they are gone.

but some of the whys.

about life.

i don't wish the taste of death on anyone.

but open your eyes.

look around.

try to see the things you miss.

be a friend.

be a true friend.

show life.

live life.

live.


2 comments:

fgpuckett said...

Oh, that is such a lovely poem. I love the lines, "so in the end you understand not why they are gone but some of the whys about life."

hazel said...

great link to classic pic of your mama and kait with kait's beautiful insightful poem. thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails