Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Speaking of backs

I had my fourth set of injections this past Thursday. I have arthritis in my spine plus a bulging disc and maybe a few more fun things going on. The pain gets to me after awhile. I forget how exhausting pain can be. My pain creeps up on me slowly and I almost get used to it. But I do get to a point where it begins to control my life and that is when I know I need more injections.

I've learned lots since I got my first injection 1) to get ready for the IV, drink lots of water the day before and wear a sweater to keep your arms warm. 2) Don't be afraid to ask heath care professions for what you need- like to go to the bathroom or for a blanket. 3) ALWAYS write down what medicines you take to let the nurse know- I laugh every time I hear someone near me saying, Well, I take that little pink pill.

My nurse this time was Kristine. I told her what I do when I get versed, I become a comedian. I try to entertain the whole pre-op. I also told her I almost brought a roll of duck tape to help me be more in control. She, with the straightest face, said that she did have 2 inch tape. We both laughed at that.

Carl took me to the hospital for my procedure and we were home around 4, I think. The fuzziness from the versed stays with me for a few days.

I am thankful for the person who invented cortisone.

I am thankful that I am able to find some relief this way and my prayer is with those that are in constant pain with no relief.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails