Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

do you forget?

The Bible Study that my church has done this fall and will finish in the spring is Maximum Impact by Wayne A, Mack. It is a study on I Corinthians 13.  Honestly, it is not my favorite book that we have studied but the discussion that we have during our small groups has been some of the best ever.

We start our study with a lecture on the topic and then we discuss the questions from that chapter in the book.

Yesterday the lecture was given by Carrie.  It was on the topics of 'Love is not provoked' and 'Love keeps no record of wrongs'.  Outstanding.  She shared many wonderful things but the one that I have been pondering is that-if love keeps no record of wrongs and we should forgive, do we forget?  Her thoughts were, that no we don't.  And her answer to our tendency to keep reminding ourselves of the wrongs done to us is to keep remembering all that Jesus has done for us.  Her tag line was 'to forget, keep remembering'.  I love that.  I need that. It made me think of putting on the full armor of God from Ephesians 6:10-20.  I need the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the gospel of peace on my feet, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of truth.  Her talk made me realize that but putting on the armor of God, it will protected me from all the 'wrong remembering' that satan wants me to do.

Get yourselves ready for the day.

Grab your Sword.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails