Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Nature Day at our House

Yesterday afternoon Marisa screamed for Kaitlin to quickly run to the living room.  We all ran.  In our front yard, in the rain, was a baby skunk.  Flower ( skunk's name from Bambi) was just smelling his or her way around the front yard.  Uncle John said that he had not seen a skunk out in the wild.  HA, We had!

Kaitlin loves baby skunks.  This love dates back to August 2000.  On the day before we loaded up the van to take Andrew to AUBURN, the phone rang.  At that time I never answered the phone because a child always beat me to it.  I heard no foot steps racing to the phone so I answered it.  It was Carl.  He called to tell me that all our children were in the garage with a skunk.  They called Carl and wanted him to tell me.  He suggested I call Animal Control.  I did and they were no help.  Andrew came inside and got a piece of bread.  He broke it into little pieces and dropped them in a path out of the garage and down the drive way.  Said Baby Skunk followed and then ran out of the yard.  Kaitlin asked to keep the skunk.  She kept saying " It is so cute"  I made a parenting mistake at that moment.  I made a promise that I hadn't really thought about. I told Kaitlin that I would get her a baby skunk stuffed animal.  I think in her mind she thought she'd she would have it that night.  

Let me just tell you that baby skunk stuffed animals are not a dime a dozen.

Anytime from the moment of said skunk promise that Kaitlin didn't get what she thought she needed or wanted she would pull out the ole " yea well, you promised me a baby skunk stuffed animal too"

Carl looked at every stop as he traveled. He found baby armadillos, squirrels, bison, but no baby skunk stuffed animal.

Kaitlin even began telling time in BP- before the promise and AP - after the promise.

Kaitlin says it was 2005 but I think it was 2003 when she was finally joined with her baby skunk stuffed animal.  One of Andrew's friend's, Joy, found said skunk in Jackson Hole WY.  Did you get that? Andrew had his friends looking on their vacations for said baby skunk.  We all had our friends looking.

Last night as Kaitlin looked at me with her beautiful eyes and in her sweetest voice said "Mama, that baby skunk is soooooo cute"  I looked back at her and reminded her that she had a wonderful baby skunk stuffed animal in her room.  Whew!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

HAHAHA... this is why i love your family!!

RoPaBu said...

thats a wonderful story!

kathy b said...

You are one great storyteller, my friend. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails