Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, July 27, 2009

What have you been reading?

Marisa has a TBR shelf in her room. She has several books on it. She asked me if I had a TBR shelf and almost fainted when I showed her mine. I realized I needed to get to reading.

Return to Sullivans Island by Dorothea Benton Frank

Couldn't put it down. I have even been rereading sections so I can roll her verbiage off my tongue. Will give high recommendation.

Last Light over Carolina by Mary Alice Monroe

Good. Glad I read it. Will recommend. Good story on forgiveness and not holding grudges.

Savannah from Savannah by Denise Hildreth

Very good. Some of the funniest lines I have ever read- I laughed out loud. Marisa has this on her TBR list now. I plan to ask for her other books for Christmas

Dune Road by Jane Green

I enjoyed Beach House by the same author. Dune Road had a few more, shall we say 'colorful Metaphors', than I am used to reading. It was a good book but not one I can give to just any one to enjoy. It has a good story and I had to find out how it ended.

Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews

Couldn't put it down. It grabbed me from the beginning. I like her writing style. Marisa is now reading this.

If you want to borrow one of these just let me know! If you have read a good one let me know, I've moved a few off my TBR shelf and it looks empty.

2 comments:

Wilson Adventures said...

Just finished "Grace (eventually) Thought on Faith" by Anne Lamott.

it challenges my box.

Rereading - "Putting the Amazing Back into Grace" by Michael Horton. Awesome read. helps me to articulate my new understanding of the doctrines of grace.

The New Eve - Robert Lewis. We'll talk about that later.

"What's So Amazing About the Doctines of Grace" - Richard Phillips

"Uncle Tom's Cabin" - reading it aloud to the kiddos.

you should see the stacks of books on my dresser...

monroah said...

Taylor and I are reading "Carrying the Fire" by Michael Collins. He was the astronaut that orbited the moon while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed. It is a very interesting read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails