Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

There is a season

I love summer.

I love having most of my children at home with not many things required of them.

I love being able to spend from 1:30 til 10:30 watching The Gilmore Girls with Kaitlin and Marisa. We just did this one day but it was so much fun. The Gilmore Girls is definitely for girls and we try to watch when all the boys are not at home. When they are home they make comments and then we have to send them out of the room.

I love have spur -of -the moment times when we can just get up and go without having to get back at a certain time.

I love being able to sit and visit after a meal and not having someone having to rush away to get back to class.

I love all the laughing that happens when these three get tickled.

I love going to Charlotte's as many times as I can find people to go with me. I think I have been four times this summer. Charlotte's is restaurant in Keo, AR which is about 45 minutes from me. They have wonderful desserts, great hamburgers and sandwiches and in the summer only this FABULOUS fruit plate that also comes with chicken salad and two cheese biscuits. My mouth is watering. When you sit down at Charlotte's you first check the dessert board- Charlotte and her husband make them every morning and when they are gone, they are gone. I have had Italian Creme Cake and Strawberry Cake so far this summer. KimT orders her Carmel Pie when she makes our reservations so she is assured to have a piece. If you need me to go with you to Charlotte's, just let me know. I have the gift of eating at Charlotte's. I'll even teach you some Arkansas history along the way.

I love to see Marisa and Kaitlin reading books for pleasure.

I love it when we are all in the same room for longer than 10 minutes.

I love going shopping with my girls and being able to just look and look as long as we want. ( Carl , please notice that I didn't say-just buy and buy as long as we want) :)

I love the relaxed attitude at home because of the lack of dead lines.

I know that summer will be over on the 16th of August. I know that I may never have another summer with these three home. Next summer may be different with different jobs and responsibilities. So I am breathing deep and savoring and going with the flow. And I am thankful, so very thankful for this time with these great, young adults who like being with me. I am blest.

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

What a beautiful post. I am praising God with you, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails