Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, November 9, 2009

The Pioneer Woman!


The Pioneer Woman came to Little Rock this evening. Kaitlin had class, Money was at work, so Marisa and I jumped in the car to get her cookbook signed. We had a delightful time!
Marisa and I got to Walmart at 5:15 for a 6:00 signing. There were about 25 folks ahead of us and the line behind was down the length of the store.



Kary and her husband were just behind us. Kary did something very cool. She brought Ree a cookbook. I can't remember if the cookbook was from her school or church. When she gave it to Ree, Ree just thanked her and told her she loved getting cookbooks.Here were the ladies in front of us, I am sorry to say, I didn't get their names.
September stopped by to chat a minute.
So did Holly
We saw Desi, Cathy and Mara. Desi is the one that told me that Ree was going to do the book signing. Thanks Desi!
Here is the life of the party or the line. Ann on the left and her BFF Linda. They kept us all laughing as we waited. My favorite line from Ann was that she would love to invite The Pioneer Woman over for supper but she can't because Ann's family thinks all of The Pioneer Woman's recipes are hers!

Linda was going to have her book signed to 'the best stalker'. She said that her husband said that she stalks The Pioneer Woman. In the line as we talked about The Pioneer Woman we talked about blogs. Marisa told our new friends that I had a blog and what the name was. Ann began referring to me as Bubs. She asked what the relationship was between Marisa and me. When Marisa told her that she was engaged to my son, she began referring to Marisa as Daughter in Law. Marisa took lots of pictures of them.


The Pioneer Woman's husband The Marlboro Man was also there. Lots of women swooned when they saw him. Here is Kary getting her books signed by him.
Ann had him sign her book- to my favorite cowgirl. The Marlboro Man asked Ann if she had ever been on a horse, she didn't even lie, she told him straight up, No, then just laughed her infectious laugh.
Marisa had him sign her book too.
Here we are with the woman of the hour. As you can see Kaitlin made it to Walmart from her class. Money is taking the picture, he met us here after work. As she was signing our books, I got the feeling we were the only folks there. She asked if Kaitlin was my daughter and when we said yes, she said that she could tell. I told her Marisa was soon to be married to my son and this was her first cookbook. She added a special message in her book. How fun was that. What a genuine person she is.
Kary with Ree

Ann and Linda with Ree.I was really pleased to see so many folks there tonight. We got back to our car at 7:15 after a laughing good time.

9 comments:

Bev said...

Yee haw!!!!!!!!!!
Kary is famous! Thanks for putting the pictures of her on! She said she had more fun with you and your friend!
Blessings from New mexico and Kary's absent sister, Beverlee

royal155 said...

Great pics! I feel so special...I'm on your blog! Rest assured that I will be "stalking" you. Had a blast tonight, Linda

Kary Ross said...

Wow, Bubbles, you got to work getting these on at 7:59 p.m.!! Thanks so much! Loved getting to know you and "daughter in law". Ann & Linda brought so much fun to our LINE!! I went right home to Searcy and read my whole book from beginning to end! Great job and kudos to the PW!

We are really hoping she brings her Marlboro Man and children to Artesia, NM to our favorite corner book shop, the B&B Newstand. Artesia would open their arms wide for her there. Great little town!

Thanks for sharing your blog too. I'll be passing it on to others. Here is the other blog that I read that I told you I would send you: http://www.sugarpiefarmhouse.com/blog and her website is http://www.sugarpiefarmhouse.com/

ENJOY! And who knows, I may see you around sometime in Little Rock!

Oh, I forgot about one more to share:

http://www.thefarmchicks.com/

Transforming Julie said...

I'm so happy for you and so bummed for me. I've been following her blog for quite a while yet had no idea she was here. Enjoyed your great time.

The Park Wife said...

PW is GREAT!!!! I was in line WAY behind you. I was looking for other Arkansas bloggers and found you. I am going to check out more of your blog! Take care,
The Park Wife

Sarah Barry said...

What fun! I'm dying to meet Ree. I can't believe Marlboro man was there too. I'm sure the cookbook is fantastic. Everything I make of hers is amazing.

abbiegrace said...

Wow! I can't believe it! I saw something on her blog about a cookbook tour & didn't really pay much attention. I figured it was over in her part of the country.

I was just reading her photography tips the other day.

Enjoy your new cookbook!

That Girl said...

I was at the book signing, too! Kary gave me the address to your blog - I am THRILLED to know I'm not the only Tiger fan in Arkansas! (I moved here from Alabama in June 08)

I enjoyed the pics and will be sure to visit your blog again soon.

fgpuckett said...

Sounds like this was the place to be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails