Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things we learn from our children or The Andrew Peterson concert

I don't know how many years ago my son, Andrew began listening to Andrew Peterson's music. Andrew and Taylor have been able to see him in concert many times.Kaitlin wrote this about the concert she went to . I have enjoyed listening to AP's cds and hearing the stories behind the songs that Andrew and Kaitlin have shared with me.

Last Monday I attended my first concert and I am ready for more. Carl came home from work and Marisa and I jumped in his car. Kaitlin has class on Monday but it ended early and she was able to join us.

We heard Andrew Peterson, Ben Shive and Andy Gullahorn.
The songs and the stories were amazing. One of mine and Marisa's favorite songs is Queen of Iowa. We both tweeted him to ask him to sing it. We were not disappointed. He sang it for the first song of the encore.
Marisa bought both of AP's books and had him sign the second one at her favorite part. She was also able to ask him how to pronounce two of the names from the books. Carl told him that I won his first book in a blog give away from his blog www.rabbitroom.com . AP thought that was neat.
The concert was amazing and I am ready to see another. EmilyR and Ryan were there as were Darrell, Clare, Katie and Marcus.It is neat that my children and I are friends. I am so thankful that I am in their lives and that I know what music they enjoy and can enjoy it myself. My mother was such a wonderful example to me of loving adult children well.

If you need some wonderful Christmas music I highly recommend Behold the Lamb by AP.

3 comments:

Silly Bus said...

I like reading articles and leaving comments of how I feel, Good job

Kathy B said...

beautiful

Emily Anne Russ said...

LOVED the concert too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails