Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Library Books

I am loving my library! All the books that I request now are out in the library instead of behind the desk of the librarians. All the books have a chip in them and I just put the books, a few at a time, on this special pad and like magic their names appear on the computer screen that is in front of me. It is very cool. I have made everyone that I can get in the car with me and go in with me as I check out my books. I feel like Ella Mae Clampett every time I do this- why, this is cooler than the cement pond!!

Here's what I have been reading.

In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols. very good, it is about family and forgiveness

The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow. I enjoyed this book. It is well written. This is the story of a group of friends from childhood to now and how their friendship has endured.

Celia's House by D E Stevenson. wonderful, heartwarming, even just seeing the name of the book makes me give a contented sign. It stands alone but read the Listening Valley afterward to continue the story.

Waiting for Daybreak by Kathryn Cushman. A story about two pharmacists and how their lives intersect.

The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas. I don't know what I think about this book. I wish you would read it and let's talk about it! I may need to read it again to understand it.

Though Waters Roar by Lynn Austin. Outstanding! It is the story of 3 generation of women and God in their lives. It spans the Civil War to WWI. As soon as I finished it I got on my library web site and requested more of her books. This will be added to my list of books that I give to folks. I really liked this book, can you tell?

Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers. This book was good overall. It started great but it got really slow in the middle so I skimmed until it picked back up and I knew that story. There is a sequel coming soon called Her Daughters Dream. I plan to read it.

I have also been requesting children's books from the library. I love Gail Gibbons. I have 4 of her books now, Tornadoes!, Elephants of Africa, Corn and Hurricanes! I enjoyed them all.

A special shout out to Laurie for reading my blog and asking for more book reviews. I hope you find some from this list that you enjoy as much as Miss Buncle's Book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails