Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Photos and Family and lots of Family Photos!

Kaitlin entered 3 pieces of art in the 31st Mini Works at Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville Alabama. 2 got in! The exhibition is up from May 4-28. We knew we wanted to go and see them so we planned a road trip and we invited family and friends along.

First stop was Cooter Brown's Rib Shack. This place is listed in the 100 places to eat in Alabama. I, personally, would have driven right on by if it had not be on the list and we were not meeting folks here. I am glad we stopped and I highly recommend it.

My cousin, Bonnie and her husband, joined us. What a treat! I have reconnected with Bonnie on facebook and we have had so much fun. They drove 3 hours one way to eat and visit with us.
The ribs were delicious.
A wonderful gathering of family
Any way you look at it we took up almost the whole restaurant, it was tiny.
My side of the family that was there

Carl's side of the family that joined us
Here is the gallery. All the works had to be not bigger than a dollar bill and not smaller than a dollar bill folded in half.
This is my favorite piece that she got in.

Here is the second piece.

I have two cousins just my age. Bonnie was born in November, Gary in January and me in April. I have always enjoyed having cousins my very same age. It really meant so much to me that they came to support Kaitlin.
I really must like this picture to include it twice. My tech support is asleep so I am not sure how to delete it. Oh well, another lesson to add to her to-do list!

Here is the very nice curator that opened the gallery just for us. The regular hours are Monday - Friday.
We ate supper that night in Gadsden at Pas'ghettis. Kaitlin found it with a new app on her phone. When you are on this app, you enter the city you need to find a restaurant in, you shake your phone and up pops different choices. This one had high recommendations! We could add ours to it. It was a Mom and Pop joint and the food was outstanding.

Robert loved the candles! I love the look on Marisa's face. She loves that brother.

One Sunday we went to Arab to meet Ellie. She is the youngest daughter of one of Andrew's college roommates.
Kaitlin is coloring with Emma, Ellie's big sister.It was a quick trip over to AL. We left on Friday afternoon and came back Sunday evening. We got to see lots of folks in a short amount of time. It was great weekend.

1 comment:

zoom yummy said...

Cute photos :) Petra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails