Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, May 28, 2010

what is your summer going to look like?

Standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon

Having a baby

Standing in your garden at twilight and smelling the honeysuckle

I am sure there are a million things that give us a 'high', that move us to tears, that give us a glimpse of heaven. Things that we do or see and want to lock in our memory forever. Would that we could bottle up the feeling for later.

I have another to add to my list.

A house full of laughter

I would love to slow down time this summer. Kaitlin, John, Marisa, Robert and soon Cara are at home with me this summer. They love to help, tease, laugh, joke, watch movies, visit with each other and me, eat out, read, laugh, sleep, watch Sports Center and generally have a good time, did I mention that we laugh a lot.

We hope to: watch The World Cup June 11- July 11, The National Spelling Bee June 2-4, The College World June 19- June30, play Five Crowns, welcome Kym for a week, work at VBS, get some scrapbooking done, swim at the pool and they want to sleep some more. Some will work, some will work some, and some will go to school some.

I want this summer to go slow so I can enjoy every bit of it but I know it can't so I plan to cook more so we can fellowship around the table, I plan to stop what I am doing when they ask me to play a game or jump in the car to get an snow cone. I plan to breath deeply often and just savor.

I had this same feeling the summer before Andrew went to AUBURN and then again the Christmas holiday before he graduated from AUBURN.

This combination of children will not be with me for this amount of time ever again. It would be perfect if Andrew and Taylor lived closer and could join us more often

I want to 'name' this summer, to mark the importance and significance of it.

The summer of fellowship
The summer of laughter
The summer of growth
The summer we made room
The summer of sharing yes, I think that is what it will be

The Summer of Sharing. I am so blest to have all these children sharing their lives with me.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails