Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Business in the front, Party in the back


Here is my stack of books. I finished The Girl Who Chased the Moon.

The book was set in Bodoni, a typeface designed by Giambattista Bondoni. He originally based his letter forms on those of the Frenchman Fournier and created his type to have beautiful contrasts between light and dark. About six months ago the above wouldn't have meant much to me but since Kaitlin has ventured into Graphic Design, it does.

Anyhoo, the book was wonderful like all that authors are.

Today I will be out of our room, sitting in a lobby somewhere until Carl is finished with his meeting. I plan to finish 100 Cupboards and get back into So Brave, Young and Handsome.

The grounds all around are beautiful

The carpet in my room has a 3-d look
Here are the culprits, I mean the folks that every day at 4 shoot off a canon. They march all around the place with the drums and the flag. I so appreciate the notice to run and hide so that the canon doesn't make me jump ten feet in the air like it did the first day.
One of my college friends, Sheila, dropped by after work to see us.
We ate supper near Orange Beach. We saw lots of buses full of folks cleaning up the oil. Folks at Carl's meetings had trouble getting rental cars because BP has most of them.
More things set up to clean up the Gulf
Beautiful evening. Carl took this beside the restaurant where we ate supper.Some of Carl's colleagues wanted to go to the FloraBama mullet toss after supper, but, oh well, we had to get back. Those pictures would have been fun!

1 comment:

Chris and Jill said...

Everything for our wedding (invites, programs, favor tags, etc.) was in Bodoni. The font is full of happy memories for me!

Looks like you're having a fun time!

-Jill M

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails