Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Addie Lou, I love you!

Today is my precious mama's birthday.  If she were living, she would be 86.  That seems so young to me.  If she were living I picture that we would spend the day together. My children, Carl and my brothers and their wives would be there too.  There would be lots of laughter!  There always was.

I plan to celebrate my mama's birthday by reading a book she would have enjoyed.  Walker Percy remembered by David Horace Harwell.  My mama loved Walker Percy.  I find his work a bit, shall we say, interesting-different-unusual, but I still keep coming back to it.  There is something in his writing that my mama enjoyed and I am searching to find that, to find a piece of her.  Maybe it is just that I feel like I am reading something that she has read so in a weird sort of way it is a shared book, a shared experience.

Today is also my Half-Birthday!  I always treat my self today because if my precious mama was still living I'd be treating her!!  We shall eat out today and I don't plan to do any chores around the house.  My  biggest treat for the day is Carl.  He is taking the whole day off to be with me.  What an amazing gift that is!

I hope you have an amazing October 7th.  I'll let you know how mine goes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails