Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Peru mission trip- the view from Arkansas

at the airport before they left
 Carl and Kaitlin went with a group from our church to Peru on a medical mission trip.  They were gone for 9 days.  Kaitlin is going to blog on here about their trip this week.


It was an interesting week for me.  I love my job.  I love being a wife and mother and grandmother.  Kaitlin and Carl are not here a lot but usually they are not gone at the same time.   With both of them gone it took me awhile to get my bearings.  I had my week planned so that I wouldn't just go home and wander.  I am thankful for family and friends that checked up on me- thank you Andrew, Marisa, Alicia, HannahB, Sandy, JenniferL, Renee, Liz, Carrie, Robert and Beth.  It made me know that I need to check on folks.  I prayed for the widows at our church who have lost their bearings.  I prayed for the team in Peru and the folks they left behind here.  I prayed for the Missionaries we have in Peru, Allen and Sandi.

A verse that took on new meaning from Acts- in Him we live and move and have our being

I love technology - facetime, email, instagram made me feel like I was a part of the group and that we really weren't that far away.
at the airport when they arrived back to LR
The group had a great time with each other, seeing new sights and helping the medical clinic and the folks they saw.  It was Carl and Kaitlin's first time in the southern Hemisphere.  They got to see the water drain 'the other way'. This was Carl's 4th mission trip and Kaitlin's 3rd.  It was our friend, Clare's 14th!

I am very thankful for the safety of the trip and the lives that were changed both in our group and in the lives of those in Peru.  And the changes in my life too.  I am thankful that God grows us to be more like Him each and every day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails