Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Don't start this book unless you can read it and not put it down.

The next book that our book club is reading is Some Wildflower In My Heart by Jamie Langston Turner.  I just reread it so I would be ready.  It was even better the second time through. 

The story is told by Margaret about her friend Birdie or so Margaret thinks.  It is really the story of Margaret.  To say the author is well read is such an understatement.  This time as I read I wrote down all the books, poems and music she references.  I didn't stop to count but my guess-ta-mation is  75 titles.  Often Margaret would come into a situation and it would remind her of one she had read in a book.  There are several twists and turns and I don't think you will be able to predict the ending.

I love reading a book that expands my vocabulary.  I learned raconteur, inchoate, and perambulations to name a few.

Ms. Turner has written several books.  All are good.  This is my favorite.  




2 comments:

fgpuckett said...

I love this book too! After your blog entry, it makes me want to reread it!

Oh... and just a reminder that Jamie Langston Turner's new book is supposed to come out in May!

hazel said...

this book sounds great and i'm bored reading the one i'm still trying to get thru after months. i miss reading having time to read your blog. my new job takes so much out of me that i can't do anything but just think about going back to work the next day. glad to know you're still blogging, going to book club, doing life like before so all the world is still right! i miss you! xoxoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails