Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Who were you watching?

I am sure most of you spent your Saturday afternoon like I did- watching the NFL draft. In years past I have watched to see where former AUBURN players have gone but this year I was watching an Ole Miss player. Michael Oher- pronounced oar. Andrew had me read The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. It tells the story of Michael Oher and the evolution of the left tackle in football. Micheal Oher was a homeless child that by God's grace was brought into a wonderful family by amazing means. The left tackle is the player the protects the quarterbacks 'blind side' if you have a right handed quarterback.

Michael Oher went to the Baltimore Ravens as the 23rd pick.

For those of you who think sports is not a wonderful teaching tool...why is the Baltimore team called the Ravens? Edgar Allen Poe died in Baltimore so to honor him and his poem The Raven the football team was named the Ravens. Cool huh?

If you have a sports fan and you need to be able to talk more to them I highly recommend The Blind Side.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails