Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

For EmilyR and those that love Andrew Peterson music

The Space Shuttle is headed home today from a 13 day mission.

I have always been fascinated with anything NASA. I like to watch the NASA channel and see what all they are doing. I enjoy movies like The Right Stuff and Apollo 13 and October Sky. Carl grew up in a town close enough to Huntsville, AL so that he remembers hearing the windows shake as the Saturn Five rockets were being tested. At the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville is a rocket pad that novices can fire rockets off at- Homer Hickam made that happen.

The above mentioned movies were some of my ironing movies meaning my children had watched them many, no MANY times. They are astronaut aware whether they want to be or not.

My son, Andrew loves to listen to Andrew Peterson's music. In fact, we both follow AP on twitter. We knew he was going to the launch of the shuttle that is headed home today but other than a love for NASA we didn't know why.

Pat Forrester is a NASA astronaut. He is on the shuttle that is headed home even as I write this. I am not sure what is job is on this shuttle but he did do as least one spacewalk. Pat Forrester is a Christian. He has a piece of the plane that flew Nate Saint and Jim Elliot down to meet the Auca Indians with him on the shuttle.

Pat Forrester and Andrew Peterson are friends. Andrew Peterson wrote his song Rocket for his friend Pat. I didn't know that. I was watching the NASA channel one morning and heard Houston getting ready to 'wake up the astronauts.' They do this by using songs that the astronauts have requested. I almost fainted when I heard an Andrew Peterson being played and then I heard Pat Forrester saying Good Morning to his wife, children, his mama and his friend, Andrew. How cool is that.

I love it when two areas of my life overlap.

Today I am scrapbooking and watching the NASA channel to check on the landing of the shuttle.

Another aside of this shuttle is that Andrew and Taylor were able to go to Titusville and see the launch. They said that it was an amazing site. They were in a park 12 miles from the launch pad with a view of the two launch pads. The NASA channel was piped in so they could keep up with what was going on. Andrew wants our whole family to go down for a launch. Carl has seen one several years ago. He was a business meeting at the power plant that supplies power to Cape Canaveral. They went on the roof of said building and saw a night launch. Uncle John and Aunt Elaine have seen a launch too. Maybe soon I'll blog about the launch I get to see. I'll probably be playing Rocket by Andrew Peterson as if goes off.

3 comments:

Emily Anne Russ said...

How cool!!!! I never knew. Thanks for dedicating your post to me. I feel honored. :)

fgpuckett said...

I'll have to check out some of Andrew Peterson's music!

Tyler said...

Great post! I hops to see a launch someday too, but there are only a few years left of Shuttle launches. Thanks for this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails