Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Addie Lou, I love you

11 years ago today, Andrew became an Eagle Scout. When he called me to tell me that his Eagle board of review was over, he said "Mama, we have a reason to look back on this day and be happy."

14 years ago today my mama died.

She was my best friend.

She was my champion.

I was so blest to have her as a mama. I am thankful that I had her for 38 years. I miss her still and I guess I always will. I have come to realize that that is a gift. Some folks don't have a wonderful relationship with their mamas.

I wish she were here to see Kaitlin and her art, to meet Taylor and Marisa, to see Andrew in his job, to see John take care of me, to share in all our jokes and the list goes on and on and on.

Hug your mama today, if you can't hug her, call and tell her you love her. Mamas are special, very special indeed.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails