Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I heard it today.

It is snowing again today. This is unusual for us. We usual just have one snow/ice event a winter. On the 9th we got 4-6 inches, this time it is maybe an inch. I love snow when I don't have to go out in it. I love to look at it from inside my house. I love it when it doesn't impact my life. I am so thankful that I usually don't have to be concerned about getting out in it.

But my favorite thing about a snow event is the quiet. I like to bundle up and go outside when the snow has been falling for awhile and the sky is grey. All the squirrels and birds are all warm and tucked away in their nests, the cars are off the roads and there is a quiet unlike any other I have ever heard. (Can you hear quiet?) It is almost a worshipful quiet. I find myself holding my breath. I stand and just listen. It is amazing. I can't stand the cold or the quiet for very long, it is too intense.

Have you ever heard the snow quiet?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails