Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Books Books Books

The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel - I am not finished with this book yet but I am learning so much. The book is about the men and women that helped find all the art that Hitler acquired before and during WWII and how they returned it. I read some and then I am on the computer googling the art that they are discussing. I have learned so much! At the beginning of the book you meet The Monuments Men with a little bio of them all and at the end of the book you find out what happened to them all. I was reading the bios of the men and low and behold, one man, Robert Posey was from the state of Alabama and you guessed it, graduated from AUBURN!

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee- I have written about this book before and it is good enough to mention again. A man is about to divorce his wife but she doesn't know it and he dies. She learns lots about him as she goes through things after he dies and she learns a lot about herself too. Very clever

1000 gifts by Ann Voskamp- very interesting read about viewing what God gives us.

A Being So Gentle by Patricia Brady- This author wrote a wonderful book on Martha Washington that KimT and I read years ago. This book is equally as good. This one is about Rachel Jackson, the wife of Andrew Jackson. This is a quick read. I want to read all the books this author has written.

Left Neglected by Lisa Genova- another book I am mentioning again. An encouraging book about a woman who has a massive brain injury. The author has really done her research, I learned lots.

Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers- this book was long. It was a good sequel to Her Mother's Hope.

Summer House by Nancy Thayer- a beach book about a family that deals with the loss of the mother, grown children and an interesting stranger. I enjoyed it.

As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs- Her husband dies or was he murdered and she finds out just how. It was an interesting book. I would read another by this author

The Illumination by Kevin Brockmeier- I saw this in a publication about local authors. The first chapter was really fascinating but then it went down hill for me. KimT or someone read this book and let's discuss it!

The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright- a couple dies and their grown children find letters that their father wrote their mother, once a week for their whole married life. Very clever way to move the story along. Great story about forgiveness.

The Brides House by Sandra Dallas- her books are always good.

The Butterfly's Daughter by Mary Alice Monroe- First I must say that my mama loved Monarch Butterflies so anything dealing with that has a soft spot for me. This book was great. A young women makes a trip physically and emotionally to find her family and who she is. You can't go wrong with this author.

Vittoria Cottage by D E Stevenson- beautiful story as usual. HeatherT recommended this one to me. Sweet story!

The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship by Lisa Verge Higgins- Four very different women are friends. Upon the death of one, the other three get letters from her that change their lives. Interesting. I'd like to read more by this author.

Folly Beach by Dorothea Benton Frank- I believe this is her best book to date. Very clever devise she uses to tell this story. A widow finds love, family, and a new career.

Happy Reading!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails