Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Laughing is inner jogging

Hebrews 10: 24-25 has really been on my mind in recent days
And let us consider how to stir one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.


Yesterday was a wonderful, soul enriching day for me. I felt like I had been to a great feast. I laughed, learned new things and was loved on. I was with friends.

Heather and I started visiting in the morning. She and I visit every week. When we don't meet for a week or two our next visits are more than twice as long because we have lots of life to catch up on. We talk about books, life, children, church and we laugh about most of it. She gives me lots of insight into those around me and I like how she views life.

After a few errands, I took lunch to my friend, Julie. Julie owns a store and when we share lunch we eat in her back room. She is always on duty so our visit is punctuated by her helping her customers. Julie and I also laugh a lot as we dissect life. We found out yesterday that we both love The Wall Street Journal and the moon. We tentatively planned a full moon party. Whoever built my house did an amazing job in many ways. One way is that only the late afternoon summer sun shines into my house but the winter sun shines in for the morning and early afternoon. This also means that the moon rises we can see from the house are breath taking. I invited Julie and her family over to witness one of these. I was excited to find someone else that loves the moon too. I bet not too many of you have thought about this and you are thinking right now- mmm we always knew Ellen was a a little strange- oh well!! Julie also shared that she had read a review in WSJ of a book that looked interesting, she showed me the article and I laughed. I have the book on hold at the library. It is The man in the Rockefeller suit : the astonishing rise and spectacular fall of a serial impostor / Mark Seal. We both just laughed then. We also cried during our visit because life is just hard sometimes. I regret that we didn't stop and pray but next time we will!!

I left so Julie could get some work done. We were both amazed that 3 hours had flown by so fast.

I joined Kaitlin at Panera so we could meet up with my friend, Donna. Kaitlin is designing a logo for a home school group that Donna is a part of. But really it was a wonderful excuse for two really busy friends to have a great visit and we did. I have known Donna for 21 years. She was one of the first home schoolers that I met when we moved to Arkansas. We also talked about life, books, friends, church, travel and children. (Kaitlin even managed to get a few words in edge wise asking about the design.) But most of all we laughed.

I know everyday can't be spent on the mountain top and great growth takes place in the wilderness but I am still basking in the refreshment of yesterday and thanking God for the gift that it was. I encourage you today to seek out a friend, spur one another on and share a good laugh too.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails