Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

But I liked the old season

I am usually the first one up in the mornings. I put my clothes on, wash my face and come downstairs. Sometimes Kaitlin will be up before me. One morning in May I got up and this is what Kaitlin was wearing as she was checking her facebook and email.
I am very proud of all of my children but I also know that with each college graduation the Real World becomes reality for them and I'll be honest, I don't like it. I want to be able to travel with all my children, anytime I want. I want to have all my children near me, anytime I want. I want to share things with my children, anytime I want. I know mothers need to give their children wings and roots. I am not liking the wings right now. It's times like these that I miss my mother the most. She gave me wings and roots, with seemingly, the greatest of ease. I do believe now that she just kept her stuff upper lip and launched me, her baby, into the Real World. She so enjoyed every place I have lived with this gypsy husband of mine. She told me that often.

I am giving myself a pep talk here. Real World for my children is a very good thing for them and me too. A new phase for all involved. I don't like it but I am playing the 'glad game'. It is a good thing. I will so cherish the times when we can all be together, traveling, sharing and being near each other.

I am so thankful that God has allowed me the privilege of being in the lives of my children. I will embrace this new season. I will be looking for all the wonderful things about this new season in all our lives.

Ever forward, but slowly

1 comment:

Laura said...

That picture is truly worth a thousand words! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails