Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Do you feel like Tinkerbell today???

I have been trying to read a chapter in the book of Proverbs every day. Trying is the key word here.

I had the best time reading chapter 21. I was struck with verse 3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

What does 'doing' righteousness and justice mean???

I asked Carl and he said that it meant doing what is right and loving it when right things are done. Cool.

Later in chapter 21 verse 21 says Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness and honor. Ok, so now I not only need to do what is right I need to pursue doing what is right and now let's add kindness in there too! Wow! I liked that.

I so can do this- how soon I forgot Proverbs 16:18 which I commonly refered to to my children as Mr Pride and Mr Fall!

I somewhat pictured myself as a Biblical Tinkerbell flying through life sprinkling rightness and kindness everywhere I go.

And then I left the house...

First stop was the library, they had two books for me to pick up. They must have had two books for all of Little Rock to pick up. I have never seen so many vehicles there. With my back situation I can only walk or stand for about 15 or 20 minutes so I have to have life situations planned out that I can do. There are two handicapped parking places at my library. Both were filled. I drove around abit and one came open. I pulled up just close enough to let the other person out but make my intention known that I wanted that spot. The big ole honking truck that was parked there pulled out and before I could get my foot off the brake and onto the gas a car came out of nowhere and got the spot. I was stunned! And my first thought was to block them in, no maybe key their car----Hellooo, where was the Biblical Tinkerbell??? She was no where to be found.

I parked as close as I could, walked in, didn't look at any other books, checked mine out and then got back to my van. I made it just fine. Next stop, Kroger

I need to add here that Robert is with me and we are headed down to eat lunch with Marisa.

Back to Kroger... Heading for a handicap parking spot that was empty and a BIG SUV comes up the lane the WRONG WAY and turns on a dime and gets the handicap spot. What in the world!?! Robert says "I have never seen anything like that before" I told him I was ready to key their car too! Then I heard the fluttering of the Tinkerbell wings- wow, now I am 2 for 2. We found another spot, went in to Kroger, got our stuff and headed off.

We got to the restaurant to meet Marisa with no parking issues. Over lunch I told Marisa and Robert about my quiet time and what I had learned and then what had happened so far in my day. Robert with great alarm said " Is stuff that this going to happen to you all day? You need to go home!" I just laughed.

We did come home. I, with a greater understanding that we are to be spreading rightness and kindness all around but not in my power but only in His power because when I do it and you don't respond the way I think you should, well, things don't go well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails