Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Color Run 2012 in Birmingham

Robert, Kaitlin, Carl and I got in the van on Friday and drove to Memphis and rested for about 6 hours and then we were up again to get to Birmingham in time for Robert and Carl to get Andrew and RobertB in the van.  They were headed to the AUBURN game in Atlanta on Saturday night.

But the real reason we went to Birmingham was to go to The Color Run on Labor Day!

A small rabbit trail if I may.....  when Andrew was a student at AUBURN he was playing a computer game online with other folks he didn't know.  He befriended this stranger, X.  Andrew and X played the game and Andrew asked X what he did.  X said that he was a college student.  Andrew asked where?  X said that he was a student at AUBURN.  Andrew asked where X lived.  X said that he lived in Little Hall.  Andrew is jumping up and down at this time because he lives in Little Hall.  Andrew goes and introduces himself to X and finds out his name is RobertB.  Andrew then asks where RobertB is from.  RobertB says a small town in northern Alabama that you've never heard of, Arab.  Andrew says, that that is where my dad is from and I've spent every holiday there with all his family.  That was the beginning of the friendship.  RobertB has been to our home many times and then after he got married, he and Jennifer have been here.  Kaitlin was even a photographer at their wedding.  RobertB and Jennifer are like my children.  Andrew is the linchpin that got this group together in the first place. I love the way God brings people together and connects them.

The Color Run group runners/walkers were Andrew, Taylor, Carl, Kaitlin, RobertD, nephew-Charlie and his wife, Sarah and two children, Ezra and Violet, niece- Meredith, my brother, Charles and his wife, Frances, RobertB and Jennifer and their daughter, Emma.  The observers were my brother, John and his wife, Elaine, Carl's sister, Marian, RobertB and Jennifer's two other daughters, Elliana and Katherine and me.

We needed unifying apparel- so capes were made! Out of bed sheets and rope and iron-on transfers.      



The making of the capes.  Sarah, Meredith, Jennifer, Elliana and Kaitlin

ironing on the design

I believe Andrew came up with the name.  Meredith and Kaitlin did the design.

RobertB modeling the cape.  Wind by Kaitlin!


 A before shot of some of our group

First thing I saw at the motor speedway- I was a little creeped out!

notice the rain drops on the window

Kaitlin is ready!  Notice Taylor and her raincoat

RobertD and Kaitlin have on their game faces.  Andrew and Taylor didn't have theirs on yet

My nephew, Charlie and his wife, Sarah.  Notice that we are under a  covering. It is raining like crazy now.  They are waiting as different waves are going in the rain.  I was tucked in a camping chair so I was dry and warm.

RobertD- ready

Andrew, Kaitlin, Taylor and Meredith.  Oh how clean they look!


Ezra had something very important to tell great uncle Carl.

We were feeling a little gangta 

Ezra wanted to show me his handkerchief too

They are off, in the rain


I think this is my favorite picture of the day!  Carl is waving and notice on the left that RobertD is saluting !

RobertD, Sarah, Kaitlin and Carl  AFTER

after.  Andrew got so much blue in his face that even after a shower he looked like a raccoon.  It was hard to carry on a conversation with him without laughing.  He is at work today so I assume he is either still wearing his sunglasses or he got all the blue off!

Taylor found out about The Color Run and that's how this group got together to do this!!    Thanks Taylor, I think everyone had a great time



More on the rest of the weekend tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails