Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

17 years ago

March 10, 1996.  Where were you?  I was at the SEC men's basketball tourney in New Orleans.  Mississippi State won that year.  I got a call from my brother, John, about two in the morning telling me that our precious mama had died.

I can still remember the enveloping grief but I don't feel it today.  I can remember having to think about every step I took, wondering how could the sun be shining because I was so sad.

Today I am thankful for all the time I had with my mama.  I am thankful for all the things she taught me.

My mother lived most of her life 'out of the box'.  I got a pack of mulitcolored pens for Christmas.  Everyday I write with a different colored pen- I write my grocery list, my to-do list, letters to folks, etc.  This seems like something my mother would have done.

The above picture was inspired by Kaitlin, who lives most of her life 'out side the box'.  I wanted to share a picture of my mama with you.  Kaitlin approved the above as a picture of her.  These are a few of the books that she dearly loved that now live at my house.

Kiss your mamas today.  Call them and tell them you love them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails