Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Last Post on Dan and Becca

 On Tuesday of our trip we started with breakfast in Yountville at a wonderful bakery.  The pastry you see to the right was divine.  My mouth is watering just writing this.
 This was our Tuesday group.  Carl's boss set up an itinerary for activities for the day.  We shopped, ate, visited, ate some more and laughed.
 We met at 1 for a wine tasting at Silver Oak Winery.  I am not a wine drinker but I really enjoyed the tour.  Our guide was very knowledgable and answered all the questions our group had.













The Winery we visited stores its wine in Missouri white oak barrels.  The cooper who makes the barrels for the Silver Oak winery has an affiliation with SPP.

 On Wednesday several of us visited the spa at our motel.  It is a hard job but someone has to do it!  Here I am in the waiting room as I read and drink my water.  I had hand and foot reflexology done and then got my hair washed and curled.  It was two hours of painfreeness and that is magic.
 Here is the room where the reflexology was done.
 We had supper with the whole group that Carl was meeting with on Wednesday night out on the veranda.  I even met a man who works in NY but is from TN and knew someone who went to Woodlawn High School in Birmingham, AL.  I WENT TO WOODLAWN HIGH SCHOOL IN BIRMINGHAM, AL.  It is truly a small world.
 Rainier cherries.  We bought them at a fruit market in San Francisco.  They were wonderful.
 This is the meetings Carl was attending
Our tickets
 We ate here twice and mmmmmm.
 Carl and I getting ready to get on the cable car.
 The America's cup will be in San Francisco
 This is one end of the cable car line.  This man has a hook that he is pulling the car around to get it headed in the other direction.
 Coit Tower on the top of Telegraph Hill.
 When we were at Pier 39 the first time, we saw a cruise ship and I fondly remembered the cruise that my brother, Charles and his wife, Frances took Kaitlin and I on 10 years ago.  Kaitlin has decided that in 2 years, she and Carl need to celebrate a birthday year and as a part of it, we need to do another cruise.  We are thinking about a Disney Cruise.  Kaitlin, Aunt Elaine and I are reading all we can and watching every show we can on Disney Cruises.  The second time we were in San Francisco the cruise ship that was docked there WAS A DISNEY CRUISE SHIP. I wanted to get a picture of it for Kaitlin and Aunt Elaine.  Carl and I were up by Coit Tower when the ship pulled away.  Instead of the usual deep horn blows that most ships give off when they depart, the Disney ship sounded the first six notes of 'When you wish upon a star'!!!  I was a puddle!  Carl not so much!!!

 Here is where the Giants play!
 Carl and I had an uneventful trip home.  We didn't feel the earthquake at all.  I am so thankful! Now I plan to read up on my California history and learn about the wine making.
Here is a sign that I hadn't seen before!

5 comments:

Chris and Jill said...

I just caught up on your blog! This looks like a fantastic trip! Chris and I are going to the bay area for the first time in August. We'll have 3 days together there, so you'll have to let us know which are your top recommendations!

Katy Robertson said...

fun trip!

We are going to SF and Napa for our honeymoon.

I would love the list of your restaurants if you get a chance....kcbraden@gmail.com

thanks!
Katy

Anonymous said...

San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit.

and a Disney cruise sounds fun! We're going to Epcot in late August. Mike has a week long training in Orlando

Linda G.

Carl said...

Yeah!

Unknown said...

Kyle and I watched a show on the Disney cruise ships!!! It looked amazing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails