Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Vidalia Onion Dip or how to act a fool

I've written this before but didn't have the recipe so if you have heard this story just skip down to the recipe.

... I was at a clothes party, like a Tupperware party but for clothes.  If you know me at all you know that I am not a clothes horse and if we could all be assigned uniforms, as long as it were comfy, I'd be happy.  I was at this party because a good friend invited me and there I was.

...they had refreshments
...it was this wonderful onion casserole plus a few other things.
...I got a HUGE spoonful and then had to hunt for a spoon to eat it with ( should have been a clue)
...I sat down to visit with many strangers to wait my turn to try on clothes (yipee)
...I was horrified to realize that every other person had the same casserole but they were eating it as a dip!!! there were chips right by it, no wonder I had trouble finding a spoon.  I wanted to run and hide.  I tried to causally get up and walk quietly over to the chips and get a few for the few bites I had left on my plate.
...I left soon after that
...I didn't buy any clothes
...I now always label the dips I serve, just in case

Here's the yummy recipe- good enough to eat by the spoonful!!!

Vidalia Onion Dip

2 large Vidalia onions chopped
1 c grated cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c mayo

preheat oven to 350
mix everything together in a bowl.  Pour into a baking dish.  Bake until the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.  Serves 10, unless you have a nut that eats it with a spoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails