Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Are you sleeping or praying?

Mo Leverett is a singer, songwriter, pca minister, plus I am sure a million other things. He spoke and sang at our church many years ago. He has a heart for the inner city church. He and his family lived in the Ninth Ward in New Orleans until Katrina. He is on facebook. Look for him at Rebirth International. Here is the message he sent out today. I love his title
Asleep in the boat again
I have to say that I think that the Lord is all too often asleep in the boat when I’m in the middle of a storm. How many times have I found myself in a tempest - anxieties building to overload, sweating bullets, and ’bout to throw in the towel - then the Lord awakens and questions my faith?He would probably say that I’m all too often sleeping when I should be praying…But I do sometimes wish that I had one day where the Lord would show me on the front end, how he’s going to work it out on the back end. That way, I might be able to periodically take a nap on the boat, too!But that is not His style.He’s come to the rescue so many times before, you would think that I would have learned to trust by now.One psalmist said “I was young, and now I am old - and I’ve never seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread.” So why then do I find myself again and again, wondering if God is truly worthy of my trust?The old hymn says, “Trust and obey, for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” Perhaps that’s why I find myself too often in the state of hapless misery.I covet your prayers for me as I struggle to find faith in the storm of life. Pray for me too that I might remember to awaken Jesus - the Lord of the storm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails