Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Do you text?

We are a texting family and I love it. One can send thoughts and questions and *other* things in a short sweet messages. Some folks say ' Why can't you just call?' Because if I am in Bible study and I know your husband is feeling bad, I can ask you without bothering the whole study if we can pray for him or if you made an "A" or got top performer of the month in your job and everyone else did not, you can send me a text and I can congratulate you without rubbing it in to those around you.

So speaking of *other*... Kaitlin and Marisa send me a text when they get to class every morning. Usually it is 'I'm at class, love you' Well that WAS what was usually sent but now we are on a bit of a different twist...poetry.

I have said here before that Kaitlin is very app to say " What is your poem for the day?" and she pursues you til you give her one.

Now several days a week I get poems. It cracks me up. Here are the 'unwritten' rules, usually 5 lines, must be what is happening now or today in your life or around you, and it must have a title. Sometimes I send a poem back to them. Sometimes I send them out to tell other folks what is going on with me that day.

Here are a few:

lollipops are really great. I am ready for summer break. We are learning about stars, I really like the movie cars. Don't you love my poem trait? trees in bloom by Kaitlin

There is no one at skool cuz they are they are all way too cool, But I will pass and they will be cutting grass. They will be sad that i will be the grad, but they had to be cool and go skip skool- Don't skip by MTD

Kaitlin's friend Jennifer has gotten into the loop and I got this one day from her: Raindrops falling on my cold head, but this is the weather the meteorologist said. so I am going home to get under the covers and hope there's a show on about star crossed lovers- smokers by J

A few weeks ago I sent this out I'm done with pt, I'm waiting on Marisa to meet me. Kaitlin will be done at noon, she will join us soon, then we can eat lunch at mt fugi.
I sent this to several folks including my brother, Charles. He sent me a text back saying that I had sent him a text I must have meant for Marisa. I told him " No, that was my poem for the day" I guess some folks are used to getting a poem :) "Oh, yeah" was his response. I asked him where his poem was? He said that he was reworking the poem he wrote last week before submitting it to the New Yorker. Yea right, Charles. I told him that I thought he couldn't handle how wonderful my poem was and he was scared to let me read his. Then I got a message that made me laugh out loud. "What is this poetry trash talk? Bring it on Emily Dickinson"

I got this from Charles the next day Ellen's Lament There once was a lady named Ellen, who at her brother was always yelling "How can you be so smart at the poetry art and I can't even count syllables?

I told Charles that that was good. He said that it was best he could do typing with one finger and parallel parking the car in heavy traffic. I laughed and laughed!

We always send our poems to Carl. I wonder what he thinks if he is in a big meeting and he gets a text and it is one of our poems. Does he smile? Does he show our poems around the room? ;)

Last Friday we all got a shock. Carl sent us a poem! I quit my job, will go hoboin, don't think I will seek places snowin, sorry I'm bzy don't want to make you dizzy, wild oats are for sowin. JK by Carl. I was stunned. Carl sent a poem. Also the way texts appear on my phone, all I saw was text from Carl and I quit my job. My heart and stomach lurched. I quickly read it and laughed.

A few minutes later I got this from Andrew -My jaw dropped, my heart stopped, I thought papa flopped until I saw the JK. Heart Attack .

So What is your poem for the day?

7 comments:

fgpuckett said...

That is funny, especially Carl's poem!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing..

Sue said...

Fun times!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I laughed along with these great poems.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm going to work on one for you and post it ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Tinker and Roxy are my two dogs.
They make life fun enough for a blog
to tell of their peeing,
their vet bills, and dreaming
to be worshiped like Arkansas hogs.

:D

BubblesandMoney said...

you crack me up Kathy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails