Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

missions and good sports and good friends

This week is our church's missions conference. This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. My spirit gets rejuvenated. It is also one of the most exhausting weeks of the year because Carl and I are blest to be on the missions committee. We have had meetings Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. This morning we had the women's breakfast. Our missionaries are asked to share what is going on in their lives right now. It is my favorite part of the whole conference. When the first lady stands up, they need to pass the tissue because it is so moving when they share they triumphs and failures.
Here is my table. Kaitlin is taking these pictures. Here is Clare getting ready to dig in to some wonderful food. My favorite is the chocolate gravy. I have never seen it anywhere but here in Arkansas. It is yum.
Jennifer joined us for breakfast. I got so moved when NancyB was talking that I began to cry, sweet Jennifer joined me and we were passing tissues around. She and Marisa look beautiful.

As Carl and I were walking into the hotel to get ready for the breakfast this morning we saw a young man with an AUBURN hat on. We greeted him with a rousing WAR EAGLE. He told us he was here with the pep band for the AUBURN Women's basketball team. They were staying in the motel too. They are in LR for the SEC Women's bball tourny. How cool ! Kaitlin snapped some pictures for us. The motel had all kinds of wonderful AUBURN displayed, much to the dismay of the alabama fans that attended the breakfast.






WAR EAGLE!




4 comments:

MelB said...

We had missions conference at our "new" church a few weeks ago. It wasn't the same, but it was great. It looks like ya'll had a great time. Next time you are in Bhm, there is a place in Trussville called the Chocolate Biscuit Tearoom. I had my Bridesmaid Luncheon there. They serve biscuits with chocolate gravy for dessert. So good!!! Miss you! Melissa

fgpuckett said...

Good pictures!

Anonymous said...

I was introduced to chocolate gravy by my sister's mother-in-law - delicious. Now my tummy is grumbling for a tatse, mmmmm!

Jessica

Laura said...

We just had our missions conference and like you, I came away encouraged and excited.

Wow! I watched some of the Auburn women's Basketball games this past weekend. War Eagle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails