Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2 of my favorite things

Every summer two things happen that I look forward to. There are VBS and a visit from my friend, Kym. This year they happen on the same week.

VBS started yesterday. Kaitlin has some pictures that she took, up on her blog.Kaitlin is taking pictures and putting together the slide show, Marisa is working in the nursery and I am working in the kitchen with KimT and Sheryce.

Working in the kitchen means that we count and have snacks set up for the hungry vbsers( is that a word?- vbs ers, better?) plus we have snacks for the adults and lastly, we fix a light supper on Thursday night for the parents of said vbs ers and the vbs ers themselves. It is a great job. Sheryce, KimT and I have a laughing good time as we fix and set out snacks. Sheryce sits in the snack room while the vbs ers are eating. Yesterday we had 'Bugles'. Sheryce showed them how they would fit on your fingers. The children loved them.

Picking out the VBS snacks is a job Kaitlin loves. We go to Sam's with KimT and Kaitlin picks out snacks that I wouldn't let her eat very often. The children love them. Today, I believe we are having crackers and cheese- the kind with the cheese in one little section and the crackers in the other.

Kym and I have been friends for at least 22 years. We met at church in New Orleans. She now lives in Jackson, MS. She takes her children to a camp in Hot Springs, AR and then comes to my house, joins my gym for a week, scrapbooks and laughs with me. I usually try to work a scrapbook while she is here too. This year is it Marisa's 21st birthday album. Kym got here last night and met us at the gym and did water aerobics with Kaitlin and Clare. Kym is an easy guest because I don't clean up for her and she comes and goes as she likes. She said that she has other friends in LR tell her she can stay with them but she says, no. She likes it that I have a table or two set up in the den for her and that she can spread out her scrapbook stuff and I don't care that it is a mess for a week. I am glad that my skill at overlooking messes makes her feel welcome.

This week is one I look forward to all year. Do you have fun summer plans?

1 comment:

fgpuckett said...

I used to put Bugles on my fingers too and pretend to have nice long fingernails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails