Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I wish I did

I am white through and through.  I like to think that I can keep a beat but more often than not that is not the case. 

In 2006, Andrew took me to the World Baseball Classic in Orlando, FL. Baseball has been taken out of the Olympics.  This a venue that has been created so that teams can still play.  We had a great time.  My favorite teams to watch were Dominican Republic and Venezuela.  Not only did they have the most major league players on them but the crowds were very, no VERY, interactive.  We had very good tickets but we were the only Caucasians in our area.  I know this because there was always a beat going in the stadium and those around us were always moving EXCEPT Andrew and me.  I mean we could move but not like THEY could move.  I mean they moved in places that I don't have places.  I can only dream of moving like that.  

I thought of this last night as I was at the pool.  Kaitlin was taking an evening Water Aerobics class with Clare.  Marisa and I went with Kaitlin and we were enjoying just sitting, reading and people watching.   Kaitlin's class starts after several swimming lessons are finished.  I watched several mothers get their children ready to go home after their lessons.  One hispanic family caught my eye.  

Music is played over the speakers at the pool for Kaitlin's class.  Last night the music was all music similar to the macarena.  The hispanic family was all moving.  They all had the beat.   Even as the mama combed out her daughter's hair they moved in harmony.  I was so impressed.   It was beautiful.  

I am glad we are not all made the same, that would sure be boring, but I do wish I had a few moves.

Do you have moves?

3 comments:

Transforming Julie said...

I TRY to moon walk but it is more hilarious than being remotely close to moon walking. I'll keep working on it.

kathy b said...

Uh....no. :)

fgpuckett said...

I have moves in my heart - and sometime in the shower - but that's about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails