Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Anybody for a trip to see Mickey?

My friend, KathyB, said that the reason people like to go to Walt Disney World is that it represents a picture of heaven.  I agree.  I love WDW.  I love all the wonderful memories  of being there and frankly, I need to go back because life is hard right now.

The husband of the wonderful couple that sit behind us in church is in the hospital.  He has been in failing health for several months and has been in the hospital for almost two weeks.  They have called in the family.  Ralph is in his 80's.  Just about everything is failing.  Elizabeth is so heart heavy.  She asked the doctor almost daily if she could take Ralph home but they couldn't get him stable.  Ralph didn't just want to go home he wanted to go to his favorite restaurant in Searcy and then the next day he wants to go eat in Arkadelphia.  One place had catfish and the other was steak.  I love Ralph and Elizabeth.  If ever I have to not sit where I usually do, I have to let E know.  She said the one time I didn't, she spent most of the service trying to locate me in the sanctuary. 

Zach and Dori got married last June.  They were in our college and career group before they got married.  They have been to our house often and we even have celebrated holidays together when one or both had to work and couldn't make it home.  Dori is from Albania so our church family is her family.  A few years ago Zach survived an obscure cancer that strikes young men in the 20's.  Most of the doctors in our church had to look up the cancer because they had never heard of it.  There is a 20% chance of surviving the cancer the first time and the odds go way down if it re-occurs.  It has re-occurred. Zach knows what is ahead for him.   Zach is the same age as my son, Andrew.  

My friends, Dan and Lynda, lost their son, Ben, 11 months ago today.  He died shortly after the high school graduation of his brother.  This year his sister graduates from the same school.  The same activities will be involved.  It has to be surreal to be doing this all over again but with a big hole in your heart.

Derek Thomas once said at a Missions Conference that sometimes we must storm the gates of Heaven for our friends because they sometimes are unable.

I am praying Ps 18:1-2


I love you, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Join me in praying for Ralph, Elizabeth, Zach, Dori, Dan and Lynda and their families.  Thank you

3 comments:

Transforming Julie said...

I'm praying! I'm crying too. Let's go to WDW along with Z,D,E, and R. My heart is ACHING for Elizabeth. How long have they been married, Ellen?

I'm praying for something miraculous for Zach. Our God is able and I'm praying He will. He is a great God.

fgpuckett said...

Wow... you just never know what people around you are going through. It's very humbling, and you wonder what people who don't know God do in times of strife, because it's hard enough if you know God, as the people you mention surely do.

Wilson Adventures said...

I had wondered about the Teeds. I've missed seeing them.

I will join you in prayer.

Looking forward to that next WDW trip. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails