Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

30 years!

Wow! What a group this is! Here is the wedding party and what a party it was and still is. They are starting in the back: Sherrell, Carl's daddy-Tom, Raymond, Ted, John, Alec, Charles, Larry, Jody, Kathy, Dave and Frank. Irene, Marian, Carla, Vicki, Kim and Cathi. In the front are Chris and Pam.

Here are my beautiful bridesmaids: Carla, Cathi, Kim ,Irene, Jody, Kathy, Vicki , Marian and flower girl Pam.
My brother's gave me away. Here they are putting a penny in my shoe.
Here are my friends that served the cake and punch and whatever else was served that day. Karen, Nancy and Linda
Margaret, Debra and Mindy
Here we are on this day 30 years ago. Wow, that seems long ago and then again it seems like yesterday. My bouquet is on a white Bible, given to me by Carl's sister, Marian. A tradition that is being continued with the next generation of girls that marry into this family. My sweet mama made my dress.
Here we are today! I think Carl looks just the same.


Here is the necklace Carl gave me for our anniversary. At our rehearsal dinner, his brother's gave him a ball and chain so he could get used to married life. For this anniversary, on the recommendation of my sister-in-law, Renee, Carl gave me a ball and chain.I am thankful and very blest.

8 comments:

Wilson Adventures said...

Nice, very Nice.

Laura said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 30 years! That's no small accomplishment and example in this day and age!

You both look content and blessed and beautiful!

William Stonewall Monroe said...

oh yay.

William Stonewall Monroe said...

i mean, oh yay! I hope you are having a great anniversary!

JenniferB said...

HOORAY! I pray that we make it to thirty years. Congratulations.

kathy b said...

Oh my gosh, Ellen, your wedding dress was the same exact pattern that I used to make one of my formal dance dresses in high school! :D
Such a sweet post. I loved seeing all the young faces! Congratulations again.

fgpuckett said...

I love the pix!

abbiegrace said...

hey, ellen! I was just catching up on your blog & I love this post.

what a wonderful couple!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails