Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, October 19, 2009

A few recommendations

A Great Book

Prayers For Sale by Sandra Dallas. I don't remember who recommended this book to me but it was on my tbr stack. I had a doctor's appointment last week and I knew I'd be waiting for awhile and I grabbed this book hoping it would keep me occupied. It did! I was hooked after the first page. It is a story about Hennie and her life. She always sees the good in her situations. I finished the book the second day. I plan to read more that this author has written.

A Great Recipe for supper

1 cup french salad dressing
I package of Lipton Onion soup
1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce
Miss all together and pour on top of frozen chicken breasts that are in a pyrex dish that has been sprayed with PAM. Bake for 1 hour at 350. Serve over rice or noodles. Outstanding. My folks here want me to fix it again.

A Great Cookie Recipe

2 1/2 flour
1 C butter soften
1 t baking soda
1/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 pkg small instant chocolate pudding
2 eggs
12 oz choc chips

Mix the flour with the soda. Combine butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding in a large bowl- beat til smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture. stir in chips. batter will be stiff. Drop by teaspoons for small cookies or Tablespoons for large cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheets. 375 8-10 for small cookies; 10-12 for large cookies. Makes 7 dozen small or 3 1/2 large.
I found this new pudding at Kroger. It is a seasonal release called classic turtle. These cookies are some of our favorites and with this new pudding they were gone in about two days. I plan to make some more this week.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandra Dallas has written some quilt themed books that are fun too! :)

BubblesandMoney said...

good to know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails