Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am pointing for you

“In small and large ways, when we create beauty–in our environment, relationships, music, cooking, poetry, and celebrations–we push back the effects of the Fall and express our hope for the new heaven and new earth that God promises. When we give artful attention to detail, we point people to a truer and better reality. When we offer beauty, we touch something in the human soul."


The author is Andi Ashworth, from her book "Real Love for Real Life: The Art and Work of Caring"

This was Andrew's status on facebook and it reminded me of my mother.
Once when I was at my mama's house, not too long before she died, I needed some ibuprofen. When I went to the cabinet where she kept her medicine, I was welcomed by a beautiful vase. I pulled out the vase and asked her why she would keep something so beautiful, put away. Mama told me that every morning, she had to take several medicines. In order to made that easier, she put that beautiful vase up in her medicine cabinet so she would be greeted by beauty every morning.
I always try to keep beauty around my house.
Calendars

a darling angel

a beautiful vase
Even the wash cloths under the sink. I like bright colors.Where is the beauty in your home?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails