Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, April 30, 2010

It is NOT lemon.

You know how some family stories and sayings keep popping back up and make you laugh years after they have happened?! Or when the story can be tweeked to fit a current situation and then we all laugh again. That happened to Kaitlin and me this week.


A few years ago... ok, it was last year, just kidding, it was a few years ago. Kaitlin and I went to Walmart by ourselves. It was a Boy Scout weekend and all our boys had gone camping. As we walked into Walmart, the huge bubble gum machine caught my eye. I wanted some gum. I got out my quarter and got a HUGE piece of yellow gum. Yellow being the key word here. I couldn't get the whole thing in my mouth so I bit off a nice large chunk. It was just what I wanted, sugary sweet- NOT LEMON. As I was enjoying my gum experience, Kaitlin asked if it was lemon. " Nope, I said, just wonderful gum flavor." I offered her some and she declined.

5 seconds if that long later, "Is it lemon?"
" No, it is not"

5 more seconds have passed, "Is it lemon?"
"No, it is not"

3 seconds later" Is it lemon?"
By now I realized that I might be hearing this same question 10,000 times so I took evasive action. I said, "Yes, it does."
Without missing a beat, Kaitlin responded with "I knew it!"
We both laughed and laughed.

From then on, Kaitlin has tried this tactic. Now, when she asks me something, that she knows the answer to, I just respond with "lemon gum" and she mostly stops.

This week Kaitlin had to give a 10 minute talk in her Egyptian History class. She was not the only one to give a talk, there were 9 other 10 minute talks before hers. She knew she wanted her audience to be alert for her talk...what to do...bribe them.

She went to a local bakery and got the most wonderful iced sugar cookies. She handed them out in class. They loved them and her and her talk!

She had one left.
She brought it home and gave it to me.
As I bit into the wonderfulness of the cookie, she said ,with a sneaky smile and twinkling eyes, "Is it lemon?"
It was not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails