Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, August 9, 2007

100 degrees outside

I grew up in a home with no AC but I don't remember it being unbearably hot. I can hear my mama saying "Let's put this puzzle together and she would fix us all a cool drink" Sitting down together we would have a laughing good time and not feel the heat. The wonderful thing about no AC was The Attic Fan. I can still remember the anticipation of it finally getting cool enough in the afternoon/evening so we could turn it on. To turn it on meant going to the windows all over the house and shutting the ones not needed and leaving open only a few strategic ones. I can still hear the hum of the big fan and feel the cool breeze as it came in the windows.

I am sure I can write that with such fond memories because of the wonderful AC that is cooling my house even as I write.

Did you have AC growing up?

1 comment:

renee r said...

I always wanted an attic fan, but alas, we had air conditioning as long as I can remember. I do remember talking and yelling into floor fans to hear the distortion in my voice! How much fun that was with all my cousins at my grandmother's house on a hot day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails