Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

3rd Anniversary

This week is the 3rd Anniversary of my retirement from teaching. It has been an adjustment. I don't have to remind myself as often not to go down the home school aisle in the local book stores or even realize that I have books in my arms for things I want John to learn this year or a skill Kaitlin has said that she wants to master or a war book we don't have because Andrew may need it as a reference.

My friend, Hazel, refers to your life as your 'yard'. When my children were small, I took care of most of their 'yard'. There are certain things in my children's 'yards' that I have been taking care of for quite awhile. Now I can stand in my yard and offer very helpful (in my opinion) suggestions for them to do but more and more they are responsible for the upkeep of their 'yards'. I am realizing that I need to be happy with the upkeep of my 'yard' by planting new plants and cleaning up debris and whatever else I find to do.

I am finding that when I am busy in my 'yard' and not worrying about what all is going on in their 'yards' that I get invited into their 'yards' more often and my opinion is even sought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails