Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Indelible Grace


Last Sunday night I went to this concert. It was wonderful. Kaitlin often haunts their web site www.igracemusic.com . She saw that this concert was on their schedule this past summer and put it on our calendar.
We left from church on Sunday soon after the morning worship was over. There were 12 of us in two vans. Our group included Darrell, Clare, Mark, Liz, Eli, Zach, Curt, John, Marisa, Kaitlin, Carl and me. We stopped at a gas station not too far out of town and got a snack. Then we ate a big meal at the Cracker Barrel in West Memphis.
The doors were to open at 5:15 for the 6 pm concert and we wanted to be there. Plus we had ordered tickets over the phone and they were mailed to us but we didn't get them. We had that to work out. We got to the church about 4:30. They were so gracious about our ticket situation and gave us new tickets because the lady remembered a group from LR ordering tickets.
Darrell is from Mississippi, has been in the PCA awhile and is well connected. It was like old home week for him. He saw his youth pastor, RUF leader from Ole Miss, plus various folks he knew. That was fun to see.
The concert started a 6 and lasted 2 hours with a short break in the middle. We heard from a friend, Corrie, who went to see the concert the night before in St Louis, that Matthew Smith had been sick. He looked fine to me but his base player looked green the whole show.
The songs they sang that I enjoyed the most were: And Can It Be, Be Gone Unbelief, Arise, My Soul, Arise, and On Jordan Stormy Banks. The words were put up on screens so we could all sing too. I felt transported at times into heaven- all those voices singing those songs that mean so much to me. I wonder if this is a small picture of heaven.
Of course with our group we had lots of laughing: Clare couldn't get comfortable in her seat in the car and then realized she was sitting on her purse, Eli was the last one to get into the car several times and that lead to lots of jokes, I thought we were going to see Michael W. Smith and when Carl gently let me know that it was Matthew Smith, folks started singing Michael W. Smith songs often and I mean often.
Several in our group had never eaten a Krystal burger. ( An incomplete childhood is what I am thinking) Carl felt the need to rectify this. We stopped around 9 pm again in West Memphis at Krystal. Some folks ate chicken, but most got those delicious burgers. I love me some Krystal burgers. Some loved it and some don't plan to go back.
We were back by 11:00pm. I believe a fun time was had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like lots of fun!!

Matthew Smith gave a concert at our church last year & we love, love, loved it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails