Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ring that bell

Today, outside of Walmart, I saw my first bell ringer of the season. I was thrilled. I cleaned out all the change from my wallet into my hand and then enjoyed the kerpluck as it dropped into her bucket. She wished me a blessed holiday season. I thanked her for standing out and ringing her bell.

She didn't know that I am compelled to put money in every bucket I see, that I even go out of my way to find buckets to put my money in.

In 1942 my daddy went to a USO show where my mother was 'giving a reading'. He was an old man of 22 and she was a young 17. They married in 1950 after he made it back from the war. He always put money in the Salvation Army buckets because he said that they had given him my mama and he was so thankful for her.

I am just continuing a wonderful tradition.

3 comments:

lumbyone said...

aww thats a really neat story

Anonymous said...

That is precious--now I will think of you when I donate my change!

fgpuckett said...

I didn't know that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails