Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I love Nativity Sets

New today from Walmart
I got this at the Precious Moments Chapel in MO

Also from Precious Moments chapel


This was one our first. Andrew insisted that we get one that would allow Jesus to get out of his car seat( the baby wasn't fixed in the manger but could get out)



Playmobile




Veggie Tale


John made this for me out of Sculpy. I gave him Sculpy early on in his life. Mostly to keep his hands busy as I read out loud to the children. Kaitlin could knit and Andrew was always drawing. This really cut down on the disruptions and when I quizzed the children about what I had read, they knew. John didn't start with Nativities. He started with man-eating sharks with lots of blood and gore. I gently asked if he could make me something I could display. He made this five or six years ago.


We got this in Alaska when we went with Uncle Charles and Aunt Frances.


This is one John made a year ago. Isn't is beautiful? Do you have a Christmas collection








1 comment:

Katy Robertson said...

I will have to put up pictures of my two nativity sets. I only have two, but then again, I am only 24, I can collect more. One is from Africa. Marley got in in Malawi her senior year of college and one is from france.

In france, they are called santons and handpainted. It is probably one of my most prized possessions. I had read about santons and seen them on the travel channel and when I went to provence last summer, I had saved up. I knew it would be my big splurge in europe. I leave it up all year.

It seems your sweet family shares the same love for collecting christmas decorations that my parents do. hope your holiday is going well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails